Bicentennial Park

Parks FAQs

Frequently Asked Questions

Canyon Glen pavilion #1 How Do I Reserve a Park Pavilion? The 2017 Park Pavilion reservation season is open for April 15 - October 15.

 Reservations can be made online at (Please use internet explorer) or call 3-1-1 or (801) 852-6000.

Pavilion reservations range from $25 - $85, depending on the size and location of the pavilion. Rates double on all observed holidays.

A seven-day minimum notice is required for pavilion reservations, modifications, and cancellations. A $10 service fee is charged for all cancellations and modifications. Unreserved pavilions are available, without charge, on a first-come basis.

Reservations time slots are from 8:30AM - 2:30PM or 3:30PM - 9:30PM, Monday-Saturday.

Slack lining, slip n' slides or other large water features are not authorized in city parks. Large groups, weddings, receptions, and events with multiple inflatables are subject to a $200 park use fee and an additional event application may be necessary.

Read our Parks Rules and Guidelines to learn more.

Child with binoculars What if I don't know what Park I want? These tools will help you find the best park and pavilion for your event:

Park Finder  - find a park by features, amenities or selecting on a map.

Parks Info - details and overhead maps of each park.

How do I check if a pavilion is reserved?
The Pavilion Calendar will show you reserved pavilions by park and date.
Roasting marshmallows Are there any Fire Restrictions within a City Park?Fire restrictions can change frequently throughout the year. All current fire restrictions are always posted at each park as they occur. Contact Provo Fire & Rescue at (801) 852-6321 for the latest fire restriction information.

Wood fires and briquettes are allowed only in designated fire pits or grills. Please do not dispose of briquettes in trash receptacles and make sure all fires are completely extinguished before leaving the park.
walking on trail Is overnight camping allowed in City Parks?Overnight camping is prohibited in all City parks with the exception of Big Springs Campground which has one group campsite and is reserved for Provo School District and then is available on a limited basis. If you're interested in reserving Big Springs Campground, please call (801) 852-6606. The fee is $100/night.

There are many campgrounds within Provo and surrounding areas. Check out this list of nearby Campgrounds or the Utah State Parks and Utah County Parks websites for more information.   
Kid running in baseball How do I reserve a Sports Field?Sports and league field rentals are made by contacting Shawn Whitaker at (801) 852-6628 or email for more information.

Tennis court rentals are $10/hr per court. Most fields are $35/hr per field for adult groups and $25/hr per field for youth groups. Most reservations require at least a week notice.
Wedding table setup How do I have a Special Event in a Park?Some events require a Community Event and Services Application. These activities include, but are not limited to; groups that are larger than the pavilion will accommodate, groups of 300 or more, weddings, slack-lining, concerts, courses (fun run, 5k, walk, runs, and biking), setting up large tents and other items that may require an approval process.

Visit the Parks Events page if you're uncertain whether your event will need a Community Event and Services Application or a Special Parks and Trail Use Application.

All weddings, receptions and large events are subject to a $200 parks use fee regardless of the time of year.  Learn more about this process on the Parks Events page.
Kid on inflatable slide Are Bounce Houses or Inflatable Toys allowed in City Parks?

Liability insurance is required for the use of all bounce houses or inflatable toys within a park. An insurance certificate can be sent via email or faxed to (801) 852-7605. 
Please include the following information:

  • Park name
  • Pavilion reserved
  • Map with toy placement 
  • Event name
  • Contact name and phone number
  • Time period and date of reservation

    Bounce houses, inflatable toys, and bubble soccer are allowed with pavilion reservations only
    . Insurance covering Provo City MUST be provided NO LATER THAN SEVEN DAYS PRIOR TO THE EVENT. All inflatable bounce houses and toys without proof of insurance are not permitted to be used within a city park.

    Slip n' slides and any item or toy which require a water hookup are not permitted within any city park. 

    Park electricity will not support the electrical draw inflatable toys or bounce house; please provide your own source of power such as a generator.

    If the inflatable rental agency does not provide insurance, insurance may be purchased at Provo City through the T.U.L.I.P. insurance program by emailing Provo's Purchasing office.
  • When is the Pioneer Museum open?pioneer dollDaughters of Utah Pioneers Museum
    500 N 500 W (North Park)

    Museum Hours
    April to October, business hours: 
    • Wed: 1PM - 4PM
    • Fri - Sat: 1PM - 4PM
    Arrangements can be made for group tours by calling (801) 852-6609 or (801) 434-4364.
    Pioneer man When is the Pioneer Village Open?Sons of Utah Pioneers Village
    500 N 500 W (North Park)

    Village Hours
    Memorial Day - Labor Day

    Regular Hours
    Mon - Fri: 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM
    Wednesday 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
    Saturday 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM

    There is no admission charge, but donations are welcome. Special group appointments are available through our website