Spot ON! Need to get your gun sighted in for the hunt? Provo Shooting Sports Park has new Winter hours.
Shoot With Friends Group reservations are welcome at the Provo Shooting Sports Park. Plan ahead and submit your reservation form for a fun time.
Shotgun Sports Shotgun sports are managed and operated through the Provo Gun Club. More >>
Learn and Practice You are never too old or too young to learn how to safely operate a handgun. The Provo Shooting Sports Park invites shooters of all ages and experience levels.
The Provo Shooting Sports Park is a firearms education and training facility where local residents, community groups, and law enforcement officers can train and enjoy the shooting sports in a safe and controlled environment.
Address | 1450 E Rifle Range Rd., Provo, UT 84604
Overhead map »
LOOKING FOR SPECIFIC INFORMATION?
CHOOSE AN OPTION BELOW:
Spring/Summer/Fall HOURS* | April 1 - October 31
|Wednesday||4:00 PM - Dusk|
|Friday||4:00 PM - Dusk|
|Saturday (2-hour time limit)||10:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
*Weather permitting - check the Rain-Out Hotline at (801) 852-6629
*One hour limit shooting period when the facility is busy.
ALL Visitors (Residents or Non-Residents):
$5 per visit
Save even more...
Purchase a 5-Punch Pass
Purchase Your Pass at These Locations:
All Experience Levels Are Welcome!
Hearing and Eye Protection is required and is available for purchase
- Firearms - Bring your firearm to the range, unloaded, in a
case, with the action open.
- Guns are not rented and ammunition is not sold
- Paper Targets - Bring your own or purchase on site
- Hearing Protection - Foam ear plugs work well and can be
purchased on site
- Eye Protection is Required - Bring your own glasses or purchase on site
Paper targets: $0.25
Foam earplugs: $0.25
Eye protection: $8.00
Fired cartridge casings may be retrieved by the shooter. Casings left or discarded on the range become the property of Provo City and will be disposed of accordingly.
Private groups may make a request to reserve exclusive time at either the rifle or handgun range during non-open shoot hours.
Group Shooting Reservation Rates
All Visitors $30/2 hr + $4 per shooter
Steps to Make a Reservation
At Least 2 Weeks In Advance Required
- Download and complete a Range Reservation Request form.
- Submit the completed application using one of these methods:
In person Parks & Grounds Office: 1417 S 350 E
Fax to (801) 852-7605
Email to email@example.com
A Range Safety Officer (RSO) will contact you to confirm the reservation within 2 business days.
- Payment is made at the time of approval. This can be done over the phone with the RSO or the Parks & Grounds Office Staff.
- A liability insurance certificate must be submitted to the RSO at least one week prior to the reservation. Insurance is required for filming, or if the intended use of the facility is different than what is allowed during public shooting hours.
The policy must be at least $1 million occurrence/$2 million aggregate. Provo City must be listed as an additional insured on the certificate.
Facility Rental for Filming or Other Commercial Events
If you need additional information, email the Range Safety Officer Supervisor, or call (801) 852-6606.
If you are interested in volunteering as a Range Safety Officer (RSO) at the Shooting Sports Park, please fill out the RSO Volunteer Application and email it, or call Parks & Grounds Operations, at (801) 852-6606 for more information.
Volunteering as a Range Safety Officer (RSO) at the Shooting Sports Park is fun and rewarding!
If you're interested in volunteering, please complete out the RSO Volunteer Application and email it to the Range Safety Officer Supervisor or call Parks & Grounds Operations at (801) 852-6606 for more information.
Authorized Rifles and Handguns
- Muzzle load
- Any size from .22 to .50 caliber BMG
NOT ALLOWED: arm, piercing or tracer rounds; explosives (including uranium depleted bullets); birdshot or pellet
- 25-yard pistol (upper range)
- 50-yard rifle (lower range)
- 100-yard rifle (lower range)
- Any individual under the age of 18 must be supervised by an adult.
Firearm Handling and General Range Safety Rules
- For Firearm Handling Rules and Range Safety Rules click here.
Standard Operating Procedures
- To review our Standard Operating Procedures, click here.