The Planning Commission consists of seven members and one or two alternates. Each term is three years with staggered expiration dates.
The Planning Commission makes recommendations to the Municipal Council regarding the general plan, the zoning map, and all land use ordinances. The Planning Commission also hears and decides on all applications for Conditional Use Permits; however, some can be approved administratively. The commission also reviews project plans and makes any decision required by Title 14 of the Provo City Code.
The Planning Commission meets every 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month. The pre-meeting begins at 5:00 PM and the public hearing begins at 6:00 PM and can last several hours. The commission members have a fair amount of reading before each meeting and often make site visits to the properties on each agenda. Special meetings can be held on an as-needed basis.
Planning Commission Members should be able to:
- Be willing to study and take time to understand Provo City zoning ordinances
- Deal with stressful and emotional situations
- Balance competing interests when making a recommendation
- Make recommendations that benefit the entire city as a whole
- Be willing to listen to all points of view
Current members of the Planning Commission include:
|Board Member||Term Expires|
Nominate yourself or someone else to serve on the Planning Commission by filling out the online application.